ASSESSING THE CURRENT SITUATION
- Knowing the risk and prevalence of malnutrition in elderly people
- Assessing the possible relationships between diet and metabolic pathology in elderly people.
- Assessing the relationships between malnutrition and neuro-cognitive functions.
DESIGNING INTERVENTION STRATEGIES
- o Developing new foods and nutritional supplements with the food production industry that are geared towards covering deficits while catering to the preferences of the elderly population.
- o Designing adapted nutritional intervention strategies based on the Atlantic diet to respond to the nutritional deficiencies and imbalances identified in this segment of the population.
IMPLEMENTING STRATEGIESDeveloping mechanisms and protocols to monitor and assess nutritional interventions.
SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPACT AND PROJECTION
- Assessing the increase in individual well-being resulting from the modifications in the nutritional status control system and the proposed food supply.
- Assessing the health and social cost.
- Assessing the global economic impact of the proposed modifications, both in the production of raw materials and foods and in the management of the food supply system.