EVENT OF PRESENTATION OF THE NUTRIAGE PROJECT.
On Tuesday, January 30, 2018, the Nutriage Project, co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), took place at the Salon Nobre of the University of Santiago de Compostela through the Interreg V Spain - Portugal program (POCPEP ) 2014-2020.
The event was attended by about 100 people, representatives of the Consellería de Política Social, the University of Santiago de Compostela, the Foundation for Research, Development and Innovation Ramón Domínguez, the Food Cluster Association of Galicia, National Association of Manufacturers of Canned Fish (ANFACO-CECOPESCA), the Portuguese Catholic University - Porto Regional Center, the Polytechnic Institute of Viana do Castelo, the Santa Casa da Misericórdia do Porto and the Integralar Association (PortugalFoods) , all of them members of the project partnership.
The event, which began at 11:00 a.m., was inaugurated by the Councilor for Social Policy of the Xunta de Galicia, José Manuel Rey Varela, and by the rector of the University of Santiago de Compostela, Juan Riaño.
Once the inauguration was celebrated, during the first part of the event, the different representatives of the beneficiaries of the Program made their respective interventions by presenting the participating institutions and explaining their role in the development of the Nutriage Project.
At this point they intervened:
- Melchor Fernández Fernández, USC, Coordinator of the GAME Group - IDEGA Scientific coordinator of the project.
- María Rosaura Leis Trabazo, Ramón Dominguez Foundation. Coordinator of the Unit of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. Institute of Sanitary Research of Santiago (IDIS)
- Lara Rodriguez, CLUSAGA, Manager of Food Innovation
- XXosé Ramón Vázquez Pérez. ANFACO, Coordination of new projects, R + D + I area
- Deolinda Silva. Portugal Foods, Executive Director li>
- Álvaro Ferreira da Silva, Misericórdia do Porto, Director of the Social Medicine Service
- Elisabete Pinto. Portuguese Catholic University. Teacher li>
- Manuela Vaz Vello, Viana do Castelo Polytechnic Institute, Project Coordinator
The second part of the event focused on the added value of the Nutriage project from the perspective of the wellness, research and business system. The following speakers participated:
- Fabiola García Martínez Consellería de Política Social, Director General of the Elderly and People with Disabilities
- Álvaro Ferreira da Silva. Director of the Social Medicine Service of the Casa da Misericórdia do Porto.
- Carlos Diéguez. Director of the Center for Research in Molecular Medicine and Chronic Diseases at USC. (CIMUS)
The third part of the session focused on initiatives to promote active aging in Europe by presenting the various projects currently under way, many of which are funded by the ERDF and the Interreg program. At this point, the following speakers spoke:
- Elísio Costa of the University of Porto
- Susana Fernández Nocelo, from Axencia do Coñecemento en Salud (ACIS). Project Coordinator ul>
The ceremony was closed by the Director General of Minors and Persons with Disabilities, Fabiola García Martínez